- The book discusses in detail the legal system of Baroda, Jodhpur, Varanasi, Ahmedabad, Borawar, Delhi, Jaipur, Surat, Madras and Gurgaon and provides insight into legislature, judiciary, role of religion and customs of the cities.
- Provides essential data from the State archives and old District Gazetteer of cities and administrative reports of British India, which helps in better understanding of the subject.
- Under ‘Prohibition’ in Chapter 5 the author has discussed the Gandhian ideology and its impact on law, the chapter also throws light on the infamous hooch tragedy.
- Women Empowerment has been discussed in the light of Legal History of New Delhi under chapter 7.
- The author has examined the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to the Indian legal system.