Why the Capsule Book
This book is the need of the hour where
- The provision has been logically explained and summarised to provide the reader the understanding about various facets of the provisions in crisp and precise manner.
- The provision is followed up with large number of problems, many of which have been customised to equip the reader with the various combinations with which a particular provision could be targeted in the exams.
- Contemporary areas like ICDS, Transfer Pricing, Non-resident & International Taxation, Ind AS Impact on MAT have been duly supported with thought provoking self designed questions and answers to expose the students to its real life application. In recent past, ICAI has endeavoured to break the norms by setting up the students on the evolving areas in taxation for which students have no support either in any classroom coaching or in any reference materials.
- All amendments and notifications upto 31-10-2018, applicable for A.Y. 2019-20, have been covered suitably both in its theoretical understandings as well as its practical implication. Some of the amendments of the Finance Act, 2018 are made in line with OECD BEPS Action plan for which I have provided the background understanding in “DS Comment” to enable the student to understand the “why” of the amendment.
- Decisions reported by the ICAI till date have been suitably digested in the case-law segment in the manner and presentation required by the ICAI.
- New incorporation of additional topics on International Taxation making it relevant even for new course students.
- Appendix has been attached towards plethora of provisions relating to cash transactions, Real estate industry at one place so as to enable the student to revise these aspects at one place.
- This colourful edition shall enable the reader a soothing experience. Further, all amendments of Finance Act, 2018 and the recent notifications have been highlighted in red print so as to enable the reader to discern the amendment portion clearly.