This Book is a part of the courseware for the Diploma in International Banking and Finance offered by the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance. Liberalisation of overseas investment norms for Indian corporates has brought with it business, opportunities for Indian Banks. But this has also brought with itself the need for banks to comply with international laws and regulations. This book gives an overview of various regulations existing in international banking. In addition, the book also provide information about the various Indian laws that need to bee followed by banks engaging international banking transactions .
Among other topics, the book covers the following:
- Regulation of International Banking
- Regulation and the Process of Deregulation
- Regulation Framework, Basel II and Basel III
- International Competitiveness
- Country Risk
- Capital Adequacy Norms and Ratios
- International Accounting Standards
This book will be useful to all readers interest in legal regulatory aspects of international banking.