This book is a ‘Veritable Section-Wise Commentary on General Anti-Avoidance Rules’ along with emphasis on Parthasarathi Shome Report, Specific Anti-Avoidance Rules and Judicial Anti-Avoidance Rules.
The Present Publication, authored by D.P. Mittal, is the latest edition, with the following noteworthy features:
- This book explains the concept of General Anti-Avoidance Rules (‘GAAR’) and its provisions as contained in Section 95 to 102 and Section 114BA of the Income Tax Act, 1961 in sixteen chapters, listed as follows:
- GAAR – Introduction
- GAAR – Overview
- Judge – Made Tax Avoidance Doctrines
- Statute Based – General and Specific Tax Avoidance Rules
- Tax Treaties – General Avoidance Rules
- Treaty Override
- GAAR – General Principles
- Impermissible Avoidance Arrangements
- Arrangement Lacking Commercial Substance
- Connected Persons and Accommodating Party
- GAAR – Application
- Framing Guidelines
- Every Section has been analysed and commented upon duly supported by the decisions of the courts from India, Canada, South Africa, Australia, UK and USA.